Drugs and substances have been affecting people worldwide. The COVID-19 situation has further aggravated the opioid overdose epidemic, which preys on people irrespective of their social stature, gender, race, ethnicity, age group, or any other demographic.
But recently, the sublocade doctors near me have noticed an ominous trend. Opioid addiction has been instrumental in affecting Americans residing in rural areas and increasing the number of deaths due to overdose. We need to shed some light on this grave situation and understand its nitty-gritty to combat it from the inside.
Suboxone treatment centers Taunton discuss the stats related to the rural opioid epidemic and its importance:
Increasing rates of opioid drug addiction in rural areas have crossed drug overdose cases in urban areas. Out of every 100 individuals staying in America, 15 of them reside in rural areas of America. Growing rates of opioid overdose in America have become a primary public concern these days.
It is essential to understand the difference between opioid overdose and death due to drug addiction in rural parts of America. This will help all the healthcare professionals to investigate and prioritize their response towards controlling the widespread opioid overdose.
Suboxone treatment doctors Taunton are pretty vocal about this worrisome trend. According to them, suboxone and sublocade treatment have emerged as the best treatment alternatives andcan help combat opioid addiction that has grasped the rural areas of America.
While many countries struggle to deal with the impacts of Opioid epidemics, an overall increase of 5% in prescription opioids misuse has been noted in rural communities of America. Although there are significant differences that can be noticed both in rural and urban lifestyles, there is no difference in the dangerous consequences of opioid overuse in America. In this regard, we must leverage the power of suboxone and sublocade medication to help the patients. Various suboxone clinics should be introduced at several places to curb the opioid epidemic in rural American communities.
Opioid overdose: Three waves:
Recent research reports stated that death caused due to opioid overdose in the United States of America is much more than the number of deaths caused by AIDS, road traffic accidents, and other diseases. Drug overdose is categorized into three waves.
- The number of death caused by prescription opioids gradually increased after 1999 in America
- Apart from opioids, the number of heroin overdose deaths is also on a peak since 2010.
- Fentanyl, a synthetic opioid manufactured illegally, has been known to cause more deaths in America since 2013.
Rural Communities in Danger:
Community health reports suggest that the number of intentional deaths due to opioid overdose, road accidents, and mishaps has doubled in rural areas compared to urban areas in America. People residing in rural communities are uneducated, poor, sick, and old compared to people in urban areas. But the number of opioid overdoses is considerably higher in rural areas of America.
Various reasons such as socio-economic factors, gender inequality, poor healthcare services, and health behaviors contribute much towards differences in lifestyle of both the countryside and urban areas of America. There are several acclaimed suboxone treatment clinics Taunton that can help provide effective treatment to people suffering from opioid overdose risks.
Factors contributing towards opioid overdose in rural American communities:
Suboxone doctors near me point out some of the most critical factors aggravating the opioid addiction scene across rural American communities. According to them, these factors are prevalent across rural American societies and cause opioid addiction. Until and unless these factors are fought together and eradicated entirely, the opioid overdose risk across rural America will continue to exist.
- Limited educational facilities
- Deprived mental healthcare facilities
Ways to save Rural American communities from opioid overdose:
Although reducing and saving rural American communities from drug abuse is a tough job, various prevention programs can help combat opioid overdose effectively. Different teams, including healthcare professionals, counselors, caretakers, teachers, and legal enforcement, can work simultaneously to address the problem of opioid overdose.
Working together will help in developing appropriate strategies to prevent the addiction of opioids in rural American communities. With increasing cases of opioid addiction in rural American communities, various suboxone treatment centers Taunton are operating proactively to treat drug addiction cases.
- Arranging community and town hall meetings can help in increasing the awareness of the prevailing issues.
- Raising awareness about safer opioid prescribing practices and ways to deal with patients addicted to opioids.
- Almost all suboxone centers have developed effective strategies to treat opioid addiction cases in rural America.
- Adopting other non-opioid pain treatments such as cognitive behavioral therapy, medications (ibuprofen, naproxen, and NSAIDs), and physical therapy to treat opioid addiction individuals. These medications have lesser side effects on the body and work better to reduce the withdrawal symptoms and pain caused by opioid addiction.
- Providing supportive training and permission for naloxone use can help address the opioid addiction and overdose issue in rural American communities. Naloxone is generally used to treat high-risk individuals and emergency responders who are addicted to opioids.
- Sublocade doctors should be consulted before administering drugs such as Buprenorphine, Naloxone, Sublocade, Vivitrol, etc.
- Increasing access to medical treatment can reduce infections associated with drug use, such as AIDS, Hepatitis C, and Hepatitis B.
- Differentiating between drug use disorders, fatal overdose, and preventing opioid addiction will help save people in rural American communities from an opioid overdose.
- Special programs should be initiated to provide knowledge about substance use and opioid addiction.
- If you find any individual suffering from opioid addiction, you can Google: suboxone clinics near me to help them.
Irrespective of whether a person lives in a rural area or an urban area of America, drug overdose is affecting all the people in America. It is essential to understand why individuals are responsible for increasing opioid death in America to channelize the addicted population towards a path of recovery and abstinence. Different studies show that suboxone doctors have started prescribing maintenance medication and customized treatments depending on the patients affected by opioid addiction. The efficacy of such therapies is gradually on the rise.
Suboxone centers near me are convinced that the tide of opioid addiction across rural American communities can be stemmed. You can listen to this podcast for some relevant information on substance addiction, overdose, therapy, and recovery- https://podcasts.adorilabs.com/recovery-connection/?cid=RqCGuNUs9hnA6UVQ.